Deepen your Path of Yoga through the Art of Teaching
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
Designed for students who want to immerse themselves in the practice and study of yoga and pursue their capacity to teach yoga. Minimum of 1 year of yoga practice recommended. Students of every level of asana ability are welcome. All hours are recognized by Yoga Alliance.
The program will meet once a month for 8 months; 20-28 hours of training per weekend; Friday evenings through Sunday, plus three holidays. Expect a minimum of 8 hours of homework each month.
Full One time Payment: $2650
- $800 of which is a non-refundable deposit
- No refunds after September 1st.
- $50 Discount for cash/check payment.
- Option for Unlimited Yoga at TYE from date of registration through April 15, 2018. Pay in full by June 10th and Unlimited yoga is at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! (That is up to a $680 value!) After June 10th Unlimited Yoga at TYE option is still available for only $189.
- $800 Non refundable deposit;
- 8 auto payments of $250 each, taken on the first of each month September-April, regardless of completion of the program.
- Once deposit is made; option for Unlimited Yoga at TYE until April 15, 2018 for only $189.
Plus three additional holidays; Veterans Day, MLK Day and Presidents Day; Holiday hours may vary, however assume a full 8 hours on the holidays.
Dates: (not all these dates will be displayed on your receipt)
September 29-October 1st
Each weekend will include:
• Asana practice and theory, including in depth research and study
• Anatomy of yoga poses, body regions, subtle body awareness
• Meditation, Mantra and Pranayama technique
• Teaching theory
• Teaching techniques/skills/practicums
• Focus on a particular myth/epic/scriptures and their teachings in relation to life.
• Philosophical Topics of Yoga
• History of Yoga traditions; focusing on the Tantric lineage
As a whole in this course:
• You will build a knowledge base of alignment, purpose, affect and function of a level one syllabus of asanas and how to apply this knowledge to more advanced postures.
• You will build this knowledge base for reference in instruction.
• You will understand functional anatomy and physiology; including but not limited to breathing, the nervous system, muscular and skeletal systems and how these relate to the asana practice.
• You will study the history of the yoga traditions, its major philosophical schools and movements, with a special focus on Tantric traditions.
• You will study the myths/epics/scriptures that inform and express yogic philosophy and how they relate to current day living.
• You will learn the art of teaching as we study and analyze various teaching techniques.
• You will gain an understanding of the meaning behind various asana systems to help you develop your own authentic teaching style.
• You will practice teaching and giving presentations in a safe and supportive environment.
• You will advance your personal practice.
• At the end of this training, you will understand the methodology and reasoning behind practicing and teaching yoga, and receive a certificate, which qualifies you to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour RYT level.
Registration is now available online.
If you have questions, please contact:
Erin Widman TYE Owner: 928 774 9010