Taking Classes at The Yoga Experience
Preparing for Class
- Attend classes that are appropriate for your level of experience. Our style and manner of teaching lends itself to offer physically challenging classes. If you bring a friend who is a beginner, please honor him/her by attending a Basics class.
- Practice soucha. Please come to class with your body and clothing clean. Refrain from using strong, scented deodorants, perfumes, and hairsprays before class.
- Attend classes only when you are well. Although yoga can be beneficial to the immune system, coughing during class spreads illness and is disruptive.
- Prepare to arrive at minimum 5–10 minutes before the start of class to ensure yourself a space, allow time to set up, and be ready to begin at the starting time.
- Please come to classes only when you are able to stay the entire length of the class.
- Purchase your own yoga mat. TYE keeps some loaners for students who have forgotten theirs or who are not yet attending classes on a regular basis. It is more hygienic if we all have our own mats.
Yoga Studio Etiquette
- Please remove your shoes before entering the yoga studio; you are welcome to bring them inside.
- Store all your personal items neatly in the prop room.
- Please turn off cell phones before class begins. Talking or texting is not allowed during class.
- Let your teacher know about any injuries before class begins; this way we can assist and support you with appropriate modifications.
- Please be ready to sit attentive to the teacher's centering at the start of class.
- Please abide by the teachers instruction to the best of your ability throughout the class unless modifications are needed to honor your body and its limitations.
- Drinking water during class can be necessary due to our dry climate; however, please refrain from eating in the studio during class.
- If you are running late, please wait outside the door until after the centering time has completed before entering the room.
- If you need to leave class early, please position yourself near the door and leave before savasana.
- Please return any props you use during class neatly to their proper location.
- If you use a TYE mat, please wipe it clean with the tea tree oil spray provided.
- If you are coming regularly to class, you are welcome to store your mat at TYE. Please have your name on it and be sure it is neatly rolled and put away on the shelf. Be sure to collect it back if you will be gone for some time. Unidentified mats that remain unused for a long time are subject to removal.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.